How It Works
- Be able to self-assess your own competencies and know what you need to develop to maximize your effective as a supervisor
- Employ strategies to create productive and cooperative staff relationships
- Establish yourself as a leader in creating benefits to your organization and motivate staff to do the same
- Delegate responsibility with confidence to create a more productive work environment
- Be able to recognize and address problem behavior before it becomes too serious
- Motivate and reward staff effort
- Know what to include in a performance review and create a system for monitoring information that should be in the review
- Be effective in correcting problem behaviors
- Be effective in setting performance goals
- To clarify the role and responsibilities of the supervisor
- To develop specific strategies to maximize leadership in the work setting
- To learn through discussion and workshop exercises, how to leverage benefits and functions of management for maximum productivity
- To understand the importance of effective delegation
- To understand the importance of managing performance to maximum productivity
- To understand the key elements of effective performance reviews
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
- In the online classroom, listen to audio lectures, view slides, even take an optional quiz to test yourself.
- Then post comments in the online discussion with your fellow participants and the instructor. Your instructor logs on once a day to answer questions and join in on the discussion.
- You also get a text to read 20 pages a week.
- Participate any time of day or night, as little or as often as you like. The ideal is to go online 2-3 times a week, but you decide.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
- Internet access with Internet Explorer; Firefox Mozilla; or Safari web browser.
- Audio software such as Windows Media, Real, or Flash.
- Speakers to listen to audio.