How It Works
At the end of the course, you will:
- Possess the information necessary to understand the phases of design and development and design guidelines for online courses;
- Know the key steps in how to design online instruction, including the planning of online courses, identifying resources and design guidelines;
- Get answers to the most advanced questions about copyright issues, assessment and evaluation;
- Have addressed and discussed the most commonly asked problems and issues related to online instruction.
- Have the knowledge necessary to successfully design an online course.
- To provide participants with background information on the online environment and the principles behind the adoption of technology innovation with regard to the creation and growth of online courses;
- To provide participants with an understanding of the nature of the online learning environment;
- To give practical, how-to techniques for the design of online instruction, including the planning of online courses, identifying resources and design guidelines;
- To provide the best information on the phases of design and development of online courses and models;
- To provide expert experience and perspective to those already teaching online and to discuss advanced issues in teaching online.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
- Readings are assigned for each day from the textbooks provided at registration.
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.