eBooks are becoming more popular than ever, especially with the release of the iPad and other tablet computers. In addition to publishing fiction and non-fiction books individuals and companies are using eBook publishing as a way to market products, services, and ideas.
Come discover what makes a great ebook and how you go about creating, formatting and publishing your eBook.
Learn the steps necessary to create your eBook with text, photos, illustrations, audio, videos and hyperlinks to websites. Understand the different options you have in self-publishing and distributing your eBook. Walk away not only knowing how to make an eBook but how to market it as well.
One month course, Tim Street, instructor
Platforms, Tools, and Types of eBooks
• Understand the different available self publishing platforms (Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Google & Independents)
• Set up a publisher’s account on the various platforms.
• Know what tools are best for creating eBooks for each platform and the basics of how these tools work.
• Learn about the right tool for creating an eBook on each platform
• Review eBooks in your genre of interest and evaluate them based on set criteria
Creating and Formatting Your eBook
• How to approach writing and organizing an eBook from idea to final draft
• Understanding a book’s audience and goals for writing an ebook
• Learn to select and load photos and graphics into an eBook
• Discover how to select and embed video to an enhanced eBook
• Add interactivity to an eBook with hyperlinks, polls and interactive illustration
Publishing Your eBook
• Reviewing a checklist of materials you will need for your eBook
• Packaging your eBook for sale
• Uploading your eBook and filling-out your metadata
• Review typical technical problems that authors often have and understand how to correct them.
Marketing Your eBook
• Learn best practices of Key Art ( Your eBook Cover & Video Trailer)
• Understand what a book trailer is and how to make one that will sell your book
• Create a publicity campaign to promote your book
* Discover the power of eMail and affiliate marketing to get the word out
• Explore social media marketing and in-book cross-promotion to increase readership
About online learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
Participate when you want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
What you will do
For each Unit, you will:
Read the print readings
Have the option of accessing the online readings
Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.