Especially for Gen Y (born 1980-1999), the course serves as the first of three in a series addressing the development of Generation Y leadership. Find out what it takes to become an effective leader. Discover your style of leadership. Discuss task completion, building relationships with your subordinates, becoming socially perceptive to changes in the workplace, utilizing your emotions in a positive and effective manner, and addressing challenging goals.
Finally, the course offers the opportunity to perform a case study analysis of workplace conflicts that require effective leadership, allowing you to apply your unique leadership characteristics revealed through completing the class.
Length (in hours): 16
Price in USD $145.00
One Month Course
Introduction to Leadership Principles
- What does it mean to be a good leader?
- The multiple approaches to leadership
- Models of leadership
- The critical need for Gen Y leadership
Recognizing your leadership style
- Leadership Traits Self Assessment
- Leadership Style Self Assessment
- Leadership Skills Self Assessment
- Task and Relationship Assessment
Leadership Special Concerns
- Handling Conflict in the Workplace
- Managing Out-group Employees
- Ethical Considerations
Cases in Leadership
- Case Study 1
- Case Study 2
- Self-reflection: What type of leader am I?