How It Works
• Understand what evaluation is, and what it is not.
• Be able to identify steps your organization can take right away to improve evaluation activities.
• Possess a completed program-logic model and evaluation plan.
• Know how to collect and analyze data properly.
• Know how to use that data to improve programs and report to funders and stakeholders.
1. To provide a basic understanding of evaluation in the nonprofit context
2. To provide tangible, useful information on how nonprofit professionals can plan and implement evaluation activities
3. To provide a basic understanding of how evaluation data is used in the nonprofit sector and how participants can improve their use of that data
4. To address the real-world challenges that nonprofit organizations face in conducting evaluation, and provide realistic solutions
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
- In the online classroom, listen to audio lectures, view slides, even take an optional quiz to test yourself.
- Then post comments in the online discussion with your fellow participants and the instructor. Your instructor logs on once a day to answer questions and join in on the discussion.
- You also get a text to read 20 pages a week.
- Participate any time of day or night, as little or as often as you like. The ideal is to go online 2-3 times a week, but you decide.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
-Internet access with Internet Explorer; Firefox Mozilla; or Safari web browser.
-Audio software such as Windows Media, Real, or Flash.
-Speakers to listen to audio.