How It Works
At the end of the course, you will:
- Have an overall understanding of how email promotion works and how email promotions are delivered to people;
- Possess guidelines on how to write effective email copy;
- Know how to avoid spamming people and how to target emails to those people most interested in your product or service;
- Gain the technical knowledge to understand how commercial email vendors function and how to work with a commercial email vendor to optimize email promotions;
- Know when to email, what to email, and how to analyze your email response rates, including open rates, click through rates, and conversion rates.
- To provide participants with an overview and understanding of how email promotion works and how email promotions are sent to prospective and existing customers;
- To provide participants with the practical, how-to knowledge of the best times to email, best days to email, and how to test email copy.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to write effective email copy.
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to avoid spamming people, how to target emails to the interests of people, and how to follow up with those people interested in one’s products or services.
- To provide participants with a technical understanding of open rates, click through rates, conversion rates, how commercial email vendors function, and what data to analyze to improve one’s email promotions.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each week to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.