How It Works
- Describe career opportunities in sales and discuss the role of sales in business.
- Discuss and demonstrate elements of successful selling including communication styles and skills, conversation and listening skills, telephone techniques and skills, personal appearance and body language, time and records management and territory planning.
- Illustrate and integrate customer strategy into sales strategy, including target market segmentation, database marketing, the customer decision-making process and influences on the customer decision-making process.
- Recognize and utilize successful sales strategies and tools into the sales process including the ability to locate and qualify prospects.
- Discuss and be able to plan, customize and conduct a sales presentation, including product demonstration, handling objections, opening and closing techniques, servicing a sale and the use of negotiation.
- Define the importance of sales
- Summarize relationship management
- Identify strategies for prospecting and customer management
- Demonstrate the sales presentation
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.