How It Works
- Be able to recognize Boomer, Gen X and Gen Y generational behaviors and interpret their meanings correctly
Be able to correctly interpret the language of Boomer, Gen X and Gen Y generations
Be able to identify ways to adjust your own communication and leadership style to interact more effectively with members of different generations
Be able to explain the relationship between changes in the broader society and the shaping of generational values and behavior
Be able to suggest strategies, other than monetary, to motivate and reward today’s workforce.
Be able to communicate more effectively with Boomers, Gen Xers and Gen Yers
- Be more successful in working with people in different generations
- To identify behaviors characterizing Boomers, Gen Xers and Gen Yers
To identify myths about Gen X and Gen Y and understand why they have developed
To analyze the relationship of societal forces and the values, goals, and motivators for each generation
- To understand the new ideals of success and leadership.
To foster an understanding among members of different generations of the differences in perception, expression, and interpretation of common situations in the workplace
To provide concrete strategies for how to communicate effectively with different generations
To create a better understanding of and tolerance for generational differences
- To minimize conflict and miscommunication across generations
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.