How It Works
1. Possess a fundamental knowledge of Cyber Security
2. Understand what a vulnerability is and how to address most common vulnerabilities
3. Know basic and fundamental risk management principles as it relates to Cyber Security
4. Have the knowledge needed to practice safer computing and safeguard your information
5. Understand basic technical controls in use today,such as firewalls and Intrusion Detection systems.
1. To gain a fundamental knowledge of what Cyber Security is and how it applies to your daily work
2. To gain an understanding of terms commonly used in Cyber Security such as “vulnerability”
3. To know how vulnerabilities occur and how to limit your exposure to them
4. To gain a fundamental understanding of what an attack is, and how to identify and prevent them from occurring
5. To provide the fundamental skills and understanding needed to identify Cyber Security threats
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.