How It Works
At the end of the course, you will:
- Get a ten step model and process for the development and teaching of an online course;
- Be able to plan, develop and teach an online course with the knowledge skills gained from this course;
- Have seen how a model online classroom functions;
- Have engaged in sharing new ideas and the latest tips and techniques with other teachers.
- To provide participants with an overview and understanding of how teaching online differs from in-person or face-to-face teaching;
- To provide participants with the practical, how-to knowledge of how to plan, develop and construct an asynchronous teacher-led online course;
- To provide participants with the knowledge of how to facilitate online discussion, engage online learners, and interact with online learners to enhance their learning;
- To provide participants with an understanding of how knowledge is constructed and delivered online, and how the three basic elements of content, interaction and assessment relate to each other in creating the best online learning experience;
- To provide participants with the competence and self confidence to teach effectively online.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Readings are assigned for each day from the textbooks provided at registration.
- Have the option of accessing the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
Participants can participate as little or as much as you want.
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different times a day, since its a week long course.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.