How It Works
- Possess the information necessary to discuss the advantages of mentoring and coaching in your organization,
- Know the key steps in how to prepare to be an effective coach or mentor, and
- Have the basic knowledge necessary to successfully mentor or coach in your organization.
- To provide individuals with a broad understanding of employee variables necessary to consider in the development of a workplace coaching or mentoring program.
- To examine the stages of development, implementation, and promotion of coaching and mentoring programs in the workplace, in the content of best practices.
- To explore the evaluation process in programs for coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
- To allow individuals to evaluate unique workplace variables that may determine the need and appropriate application for implementation of innovative strategies in coaching and mentoring tactics.
- Recruit support for, implement, and promote your coaching or mentoring program in the workplace.
- Critically evaluate your workplace coaching or mentoring program.
- Properly implement strategies for coaching and mentoring programs in the face of unique employee and/or organizational variables.
- To provide organizational employees with information that will allow them to possess the skills and motivations to be a successful mentor or coach in their environments.
- To provide those interested in mentoring and coaching with the knowledge necessary to be an effective mentor or coach.
- To address the most commonly asked questions about mentoring and coaching.
- Detail the pros and cons of the most commonly used mentoring/coaching paradigms, and provide recommendations on how to implement these strategies across different operational scenarios
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Certificate Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Mentoring and Coaching in the Workplace Level 1
- Feb 3 – 28
- Apr 6 – May 1
- Jun 1 – 26
Mentoring and Coaching in the Workplace Level 2
- Mar 2 – 27
- May 4 – 29
- Jul 6 – 31